Our first regatta of the Spring season is almost here!!! Long Island Rowing Championships Regatta is Sunday, May 6th. It is time to plan how you can help your athletes succeed.
Please start thinking about how you can volunteer at this regatta so we can make sure your rowers have everything they need on race day! Sign up will come out soon once we have a better idea of when everyone is rowing! Rowers are expected to arrive 2+ hours before their race start time to unload and rig the boats, during that time, parents who are attending the regatta set up the PCRA Hospitality Tent and prepare breakfast for the rowers. So, if your rower is in one of the first races, we hope we can count on you on Sunday morning.
Here is the official website for Long Island Rowing Championships Regatta.
Some important information to remember:
- Rowers should arrive 2+ hours before race start time. If car pooling, all athletes should get to the boat-trailer 2+ hours before carpools' earliest race. Athletes are not arriving early to help unload and rig… they are arriving early to unload and rig.
- Only rowers and volunteers should be around the boat trailer at regattas. The area around the boat trailer can be hectic and it is safer to let rowers concentrate on the race without involvement from parents.
- No food will be available for rowers at the boat-trailer, all rowers should go to PCRA hospitality tents to eat as permitted by their coach. It is likely that rowers will not be permitted to go to hospitality tents until they have completed their event and completed de-rigging and loading as necessary. So it might be a good idea to send your rower with a snack if you feel he/she will be hungry before their race.
- Water and Gatorade will be available to all rowers at the boat-trailer, don't forget your water bottles.
- Parents, please come to regattas to support the team. If you cannot attend a regatta, please identify another parent who will be in loco parentis for your child from departure to return (carpool parent).
- Directions, parking information and venue can be found on the the Long Island Rowing Championships website: directions, map, parking.
PARKING IS A DISTANCE FROM THE REGATTA AND SHUTTLE BUSES WILL BE AVAILABLE TO TAKE YOU TO THE REGATTA
SHUTTLE BUSES START RUNNING AT 7:00AM FROM RANSOM/STEHLI BEACHES TO REGATTA SITE
See you on the Riverfront!!!